Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Twelfth Night

I'm racked with guilt. Poor old Herbie lies abandoned in the snow and ice with no-one to look after her.

I must try to get out there soon, but we're pretty much stuck at home now. The snow is really deep. Nine inches this morning and it has been snowing again since. I bet the canal looks pretty. Strangely though it doesn't feel all that cold.


Grace struck out this morning, but didn't get all that far. She looks like Captain Scott crawling to his dugout!

The snowman looks happy though.


Anyway, it's twelfth night and the decorations are down, so to cheer us up remembering that the first line of the play is If music be the food of love, play on, here's a link to something that makes me smile - from one of my musical heroes. (with sub titles for VallyP). Way off topic, but what the heck. Tell me if you like it.




1 comment:

Vallypee said...

Poor Herbie indeed! I think you've had even more snow than we have over here, Neil. Still, it's snowing again now so maybe we'll be snowed in tomorrow as well...

Thank you for the link! What a great song - it makes you smile and choke up at the same time, and yes, Mr Wainwright is one of my long time musical heroes too. He's still got a fantastic voice too hasn't he? The sub titles are also a pretty good translation, you might be pleased to know ;-)