Friday, March 18, 2011

One in a million

We're packing ready for our trip (exciting), and I've been having a sort out of CDs to keep on the boat.  I used to keep more than a hundred there but I'm cutting down to real favourites to save clutter.  Like you do, well I do anyway, I fell to thinking about which was the very best.  Impossible of course, but some individual tracks stop me in mine (tracks that is) every time.  One of them is Lord Bateman sung by Chris Wood, which sends shivers up my spine.  I looked on the web to see if I could post you a link to a sample, but there is none.  Then I found a link on Youtube of Chris singing One in a Million and for ten minutes I was lost.

Here is a challenge for you.  Watch Chris on this link. Sit somewhere quiet and listen to it all the way through (it does take over ten minutes), and if you get to the end without a tear in your eye, I'm a monkeys uncle.  Either that or you have a heart of solid stone and there is no hope for your soul.

Back to the packing.  Soon I'll be posting afloat. See ya.

3 comments:

Brian and Diana on NB Harnser said...

Mave you considered converting all your CDs to MP3 then you could take them all.
Brian

Neil Corbett said...

Yes, already done that but CDs are still better

Simon said...

heavens - I first heard this when he was playing through my PA, and I quite forget to pay attention to looking after it... ;-)