Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Maffi’s acceptance speech in full

For those of you who don’t bother to read the comments at the bottom of blog posts, or who don’t read Maffi’s blog, here is his (very typical) acceptance speech on receiving our Special Award.

Well now there is a surprise lil ol’ me winning a Herbie.

I would like to thank every body who was too f*****g lazy to put their rubbish in the right place. Without those morons this would not have been possible.


I would also like to thank all those conscientious boaters out there who are going to make a point of picking up as much rubbish as possible in the next 12 months.


I have not been out 2 months yet this winter and I have collected 64 bags + plus a number of tyres and a 110ah battery. Lets all make a big effort. Thank you!

Well, if you don’t know Maffi, that sums him up perfectly.  A well deserved and popular win.

Shame about Cap’n Ahab, he promised to show up in Jessica Ennis’s red dress.  To be honest Andy, she did look rather better in it than you would.  We’d still like a photo though.

Now we can all take off our tuxedos /ball gowns for another year and relax.  Unless that is, anyone is planning a blog series of Strictly Come Boating.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It's a funny shape for a sheild don't you think. :)

Andy Tidy said...

I'm off in a huff - I would have looked lovely....

Mrs. Jaqueline Biggs said...

Merry Solstice and Happy Christmas to you both! May the New Year bring you joy, continued good health and lots of laughter.
Jaq and Les
NB Valerie

Vallypee said...

Congratulations to Maffie, and also many thanks to Neil from me for continuing to give me some great reading while I sit over here in the flatlands. I don't have as much time as I used to for blogging, but I still count yours among my top reads. One day, I'll either get my barge over to England or I'll hire one, but I'm going to cruise on the English canals sometime. I am!