Thursday, February 13, 2014

Guaranteed no pictures of men in wellies

If you’ve had enough of watching news reporters up to their knees in flood water, you could have a look at these pictures to cheer you up.  This first one which I took a week ago gives a nice list of all the things you are not allowed to do in the foot tunnel beneath the Thames at Greenwich.

P1070565_edited-1

I fear I may have broken the rules, then because I was loitering in order to take the picture.  Hang on a minute, what’s that in the distance?

P1070567_edited-1

I decided on this occasion not to make a citizen’s arrest.

Over near St Paul’s Cathedral we enjoyed this phone box.  Which is free to use but you can’t use it.

P1070557_edited-1

Coming back to the subject of people ignoring signs and rules, one which did wind me up was this:

P1070569_edited-1

a boat moored on the water point at the Black Horse.  Twenty yards away there were at least four, probably five, mooring spaces with rings and everything.  A pity his boat was so non descript. If only I knew what it was called I might have reported him.

This was our last trip into London by boat or a year or two, so I took care to take snaps of some of the bits I like on the approaches to Paddington.

P1070532_edited-1

Here we are alongside the Harrow Road whith the increasing anticipation of Little Venice not far away.

P1070538_edited-1

I remember when we first boated into London, this building, or where it now stands, was a big hole in the ground.  It’s simple but I like it.

Looking the other way is another building I’ve got used to. It has narrowboats moored at either end. Very handy for someone.

 

P1070536_edited-1

And here I must stop because Inspector George Gently calls on the telly, and I like him.

2 comments:

Vallypee said...

A lovely area and one I am fond of, Neil. Hope you're all safe and unflooded there!

Sue said...

I never even knew there was a foot tunnel under the Thames!

How old do I have to be to stop learning?!